Does being religious matter in this world?
We do not tend to talk about religion because we prefer secularism, but why shouldn’t we talk about it if it teaches values that uplift us? So, to answer the question that I posed, my answer is yes!
But why?
Religion matters to me because it offers a different dimension and perspective on how I see this world. Sometimes, I feel like I see the world through two different lenses. So,the word “love” appears most frequently in the Bible. As God said, “Love your neighbor as yourself,- a message that transcends ethnicity and religion.
I know it is not easy to love others as you love yourself. But by doing so with just 50%, we create space for kindness and compassion. Of course, self-love also matters!
The verse mentioned above is always ignored on the more outstanding notion. This little verse has the solution to everything and everyone. Hence, when I think about that verse and try to live with that. I believe most of the problems that we face and disputes between powerful nations and leaders in the world will be resolved. We may not be able to alter everything with love, but at least you will fill yourself with peace.
So, can we think of killing and destroying the lives of someone whom we love? Can we think of harming someone we love? How long can we hold onto grudges and enmity with someone we love? We don’t envy them, and we will do whatever it takes to forgive them. That’s why it is said the world will be a better place when we love each other.
The world teaches us to survive and build our lives. But religion teaches us to be better people and make better surroundings for us to live in. So, I thought, why don’t people understand or know the simple trick to have the finest life?
Just imagine that in the office, your boss treats you with little love and kindness; you will strive to do better work. Imagine that love is spread on a large scale in your office, a beautiful environment, right? So why don’t we give some? Give things without measure; we will receive things without measure!
Hence, for me, religion and being religious in this world are important because they make me a better person. So why not take things from religion, which the world does not teach? I’m not advocating for one religion over another — I simply believe in embracing and sharing the goodness, wherever it comes from. We need not be religious to follow the values embedded in religion, but compassion, forgiveness, love, and gratitude are basic human concepts that we forget!

Comments
Post a Comment